Form 1099-MISC discloses payments made to the recipients in course of trade or business, except payments made to employees or for non employee remuneration. If you are self-employed as a freelancer or independent contractor, you may file and receive 1099-MISC forms depending on the type and acts of your trade or business.
Here’s how Form 1099-MISC endpoint may be used:
- Call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- Use ValidateForm method to validate the field level specifications of form 1099-MISC before creating the form. (Optional)
- Use Create method to create Form 1099-MISC for recipients under payer.
- Use RequestDraftPdfUrl to return the Draft PDF for review purposes. These forms are not transmitted and will have a watermark "For Review only" on it
- Use Update method to make changes to an existing Form 1099-MISC returns.
- Use Delete method to delete 1099-MISC return prepared in TaxBandits.
- Use Validate method to audit the data of Form 1099-MISC before transmission to the IRS.
- Use Transmit method to transmit the 1099-MISC to the IRS.
- Use RequestDistUrl method to generate a unique URL from which the recipients can view and download 1099.
- Use RequestPdfURLs method to retrieve PDFs for single or multiple recipients.
- Use Status method to check the status of the 1099-MISC after transmission.
- Use List method to list all Form 1099-MISC for a Submission or Payer.
- Use Get method to retrieve the Form 1099-MISC return information
- Use GetPDF method to return the link to the Form 1099-MISC in PDF format. Webhook has to be set up for this.