1099 Compliance for HOAs - An Overview
- Home Owners Associations (HOAs) are required to file 1099s for reporting the payments they made to the vendors, gig workers, tenants, etc.
- This includes the HOAs that are involved in Property Management, Rental Management & Community Management, etc.Example: If the HOA has hired a gardener on a contractual basis, they must file 1099-NEC and furnish a copy to the gardener.
Common Tax Forms that HOAs File!
To report the payments made to non-employees (contractors, freelancers, etc.)
To report the miscellaneous payments made (rents, awards, etc.)
To report online card transactions and third-party network transactions made.
How TaxBandits API Helps HOAs Ensure Tax Compliance
Integrating TaxBandits API with your HOA software allows you to enable an easy and secure way to ensure tax compliance right from your software.
- Use our API to automate the collection of W-9s from vendors, gig workers, tenants, etc., via Email or an embedded Secure URL.
- TaxBandits performs TIN Matching to ensure the TINs obtained match the IRS Database.
- These W-9 data will be securely stored in TaxBandits and utilized later
for 1099 filing.
- Let TaxBandits automate your 1099s at the year-end based on W-9 data and the payouts you recorded throughout the year.
- We support the e-filing of 1099s with both the IRS and respective State agencies.
- You can also distribute the 1099 copies easily via Postal Mail (or)
secure Online Access.
Other Tax Filings
- Apart from the 1099s, TaxBandits supports many other major tax forms, such as,
- Form W-2
- Form 940, 940 Schedule R
- Form 941, 941 Schedule R
- ACA 1095 Form
Develop with Confidence!
TaxBandits’ developer-friendly API offers various helpful resources and tools exclusively for developers, enabling seamless integration.
Our documentation comprises detailed instructions with sample requests and responses for each endpoint, offering complete guidance.
Our Open Software Development Kit (SDK) libraries are available in Java, Node JS, .Net, & Python, explaining how to use our API.
You can use our Sandbox environment to develop and test the integration securely. You can even simulate the complete e-filing process as well.
With the application of Webhooks, TaxBandits API provides you with updates on the status of the tax returns filed.
We incorporate standard security protocols that ensure the complete security of all sensitive information.
We have an expert team of developers available to address and resolve your API-related questions, if any.