Form 1099-NEC is used by businesses to report payments made to independent contractors, freelancers, sole proprietors, and self-employed individuals. Any business that pays $600 or more in non-employee remuneration to at least one payee or withholds federal income tax from a nonemployee's payment must now report those payments and withholdings using this new form.
Here’s how Form 1099NEC endpoint may be used:
- Call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- Use ValidateForm method to validate the field level specifications of form 1099-NECbefore creating the form. (Optional)
- Use Create method to create Form 1099-NEC for recipients under payer.
- GenerateFromTxns applies if the TaxBandits API is used to send Transactions and then generate 1099s from the transaction data
- Use RequestDraftPdfUrl to return the Draft PDF for review purposes. These forms are not transmitted and will have a watermark "For Review only" on it
- Use Approve method to approve the transactions that are created using TaxBandits.
- Use Update method to make changes to an existing Form 1099-NECs returns.
- Use Delete method to delete 1099-NEC return prepared in TaxBandits.
- Use Validate method to audit the data of Form 1099-NEC before transmission to the IRS.
- Use Transmit method to transmit the 1099-NEC to the IRS.
- Use RequestDistURL method to generate an URL from which the recipients can view and download 1099.
- Use RequestPdfURL method can be used to retrieve PDFs for single or multiple recipients.
- Use Status method to check the status of the 1099-NEC after transmission.
- Use List method to list all Form 1099-NEC for a Submission or Payer.
- Use Get method to retrieve the Form 1099-NEC return information
- Use GetPDF method to return the link to the Form 1099-NEC in PDF format. Webhook has to be set up for this.