If you have done real estate transactions and closed a sale or an exchange for your recipient throughout the tax year, you must submit 1099-S with the IRS.
Here’s how Form 1099-S endpoint may be used:
- Call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- Use ValidateForm method to validate the field level specifications of form 1099-S before creating the form.(Optional)
- Use Create method to create Form 1099-S for recipients under payer.
- Use RequestDraftPdfUrl to return the Draft PDF for review purposes. These forms are not transmitted and will have a watermark "For Review only" on it
- Use Update method to make changes to an existing Form 1099-S returns.
- Use Delete method to delete 1099-S return prepared in TaxBandits.
- Use Validate method to audit the data of Form 1099-S before transmission to the IRS.
- Use Transmit method to transmit the 1099-S to the IRS.
- Use RequestPdfURLs method can be used to retrieve PDFs for single or multiple recipients.
- Use Status method to check the status of the 1099-S after transmission.
- Use List method to list all Form 1099-S for a Submission or Payer.
- Use Get method to retrieve the Form 1099-S return information
- Use GetPDF method to return the link to the Form 1099-S in PDF format. Webhook has to be set up for this.