1099-PATR is for reporting cooperative and business income on your tax return. Taxpayers would receive Form 1099-PATR if they received at least $10 in patronage dividends and other distributions from a cooperative as defined by the Internal Revenue Code in the previous year.
Here’s how Form 1099 - PATR endpoint may be used:
- Call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- Use ValidateForm method to validate the field level specifications of form 1099-PATR before creating the form.(Optional)
- Use Create method to create Form 1099-PATR for recipients under payer.
- Use RequestDraftPdfUrl to return the Draft PDF for review purposes. These forms are not transmitted and will have a watermark "For Review only" on it.
- Use Update method to make changes to an existing Form 1099-PATR returns.
- Use Delete method to delete 1099-PATR return prepared in TaxBandits.
- Use Validate method to audit the data of Form 1099-PATR before transmission to the IRS.
- Use Transmit method to transmit the 1099-PATR to the IRS.
- Use RequestPdfURL method to retrieve PDFs for single or multiple recipients.
- Use Status method to check the status of the 1099-PATR after transmission.
- Use List method to list all Form 1099-PATR for a Submission or Payer.
- Use Get method to retrieve the Form 1099-PATR return information
- Use GetPDF method to return the link to the Form 1099-PATR in PDF format. Webhook has to be set up for this.