Form W-8BEN - Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting, must be submitted by a foreign individual who receives income from United States territory.
Below we discuss the solution to acquire signed W-8BENs from your recipients using the TaxBandits API. A viable solution is to have recipients fill their W-8BEN information, e-sign, and submit the form.
Here’s how W-8BEN endpoint may be used:
- Call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- RequestByUrl will provide the unique URL that can be opened on the client's diet to complete the form. Whereas RequestByEmail will send an email to the recipient with the link. The link will redirect the user to a portal (That can be white-labeled) to complete the W-8BEN form.
- Delete method is used to delete a particular W-8BEN request or a submission. If there are multiple W-8BENs requested in a Submission. All the W-8BEN records under the submission will be deleted.
- Status method returns statuses of form submission.
- Use the method List to list the W-8BENs under a particular business. The W-8BENs can be filtered based on the W-8BEN Statuses and Date Range.
- Get method returns the information submitted by the payee along with the link to download the completed W-9/W-8BEN.
- GetPdf method will generate the completed Form W-8BEN in a Pdf format. Webhook will be sent with a link to download the PDFs.
- Setup W8 Status Change webhook. When recipients fill, e-sign, and submit the form, webhook will post an URL for the completed W-8BEN form.