Form 1099-K is used to report the transactions made through online payment cards and third-party networks.
Typically, this form is filed by:
- Payment Card Companies
- Third-party Settlement Organizations (Payment apps or online marketplaces)
For the 2023 tax year, the payment threshold for filing Form 1099-K is $200,000 and 200 transactions.
Services you can avail of through TaxBandits API:
- Federal & State Filing - E-file 1099-K with both the IRS and the States.
- Postal Mailing - Distribute the recipient copy of Form 1099-K via Postal Mail.
- Online Access - Make the digital copies of Form 1099-K available online for the corresponding recipients.
Form 1099-K endpoints:
You can use the following endpoints to complete the 1099-K filing.
In order to use the following endpoints, you must call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer to OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication.
- Create - To create Form 1099-K for the recipients under the corresponding payer. While creating the form, you can opt for state filing, postal mail, and online access if required.
- Update - To make changes to an existing Form 1099-K.
- Transmit - To transmit the 1099-K to the IRS.
- Status - To check the status of the 1099-K after transmission. (As an alternative, you can configure Webhooks for E-file Status Change)
If need to retrieve Form PDFs, you can use one of the endpoints mentioned here.
Other 1099-K Endpoints:
You can use any of the following endpoints based on your needs.
- ValidateForm - To validate the field-level specifications of Form 1099-K before creating the form. (Optional)
- Validate - To audit the created Form 1099-K data before transmission to the IRS.
- List - To list all Form 1099-K created and transmitted on the account for a particular submission or Payer.
- Get - To retrieve the recipient data, business data, and form data from the 1099-K created.
- Delete - To delete the 1099-K return you prepared in TaxBandits.
1099-K PDF Retrieval
You can obtain the PDF version of your 1099-K forms using one of the following endpoints:
- RequestDraftPdfUrl - To return the Draft PDF for review purposes. These forms are not transmitted and will have a watermark "For Review only" on it.
- RequestPdfURL - To retrieve PDFs for single or multiple recipients.
- GetPDF - To get the link for Form 1099-K PDF. To use this, you must have configured Webhook for it so that the endpoint will return the PDFs via Webhook.
Note: To retrieve the final version of 1099-K Form PDFs, you can use either RequestPdfURL or GetPDF and not both.
To learn how to retrieve a 1099 PDF, click here