The W-2C form is used to make changes to previously issued wage/tax information (W-2s) from the current or previous years. It is a multi-purpose form, similar to Form W-2, used to report rectified wages to the IRS, FTB, and SSA.On W-2s, common mistakes include using the wrong names, amounts, or Social Security Numbers (SSN).
Here’s how Form W-2C endpoint may be used:
- Call Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- Use ValidateForm method to validate the field level specifications of Form W-2C before creating the form.(Optional)
- Use Create method to create Form W-2C for recipients under the payer.
- Use RequestDraftPdfUrl to return the Draft PDF for review purposes. These forms are not transmitted and will have a watermark "For Review only" on it
- Use Update method to make changes to the existing Form W-2C returns.
- Use Delete method to delete Form W-2C return prepared in TaxBandits.
- Use Validate method to audit the data of Form W-2C before transmission to the IRS.
- Use Transmit method to transmit the Form W-2C to the IRS.
- Use RequestPdfURL method to retrieve PDFs for single or multiple recipients.
- Use Status method to check the status of the Form W-2C after transmission.
- Use List method to list all Form Form W-2C for a Submission or Payer.
- Use Get method to retrieve the Form W-2C return information
- Use GetPDF method to return the link to the Form W-2C in PDF format. Webhook has to be set up for this.