Form 1099-C is used to report amounts of $600 or more that have been forgiven or canceled by a lender or creditor, such as the abandonment of secured property or a foreclosure.
Here’s how Form 1099-C endpoint may be used:
- Call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- Use ValidateForm method to validate the field level specifications of form 1099-C before creating the form.(Optional)
- Use the Create method to create Form 1099-C for recipients under payer. You can opt for Postal Mailing and/or Online Access in the Create request itself.
- Use RequestDraftPdfUrl to return the Draft PDF for review purposes. These forms are not transmitted and will have a watermark "For Review only" on it.
- Use Update method to make changes to an existing Form 1099-C returns.
- Use Delete method to delete 1099-C return prepared in TaxBandits.
- Use Validate method to audit the data of Form 1099-C before transmission to the IRS.
- Use Transmit method to transmit the 1099-C to the IRS.
- Use RequestPdfURL method to retrieve PDFs for single or multiple recipients.
- Use Status method to check the status of the 1099-C after transmission.
- Use List method to list all Form 1099-C for a Submission or Payer.
- Use Get method to retrieve the Form 1099-C return information
- Use GetPDF method to return the link to the Form 1099-C in PDF format. Webhook has to be set up for this.
Services we offer:
- Federal & State Filing - TaxBandits supports the e-filing of 1099-C with both the IRS and States.
- Postal Mailing - The recipient copy of Form 1099-C will be distributed via Postal Mail.
- Online Access - The digital copies of Form 1099-C will be made available for the corresponding recipients online.