Form 941, Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return, is used by employers to report the withholding tax amount from their employee's paycheck. The taxes include Federal Income Taxes, social security taxes, and Medicare taxes.If a reporting agent filed your 941, you have three options for signing it: ONLINE SIGN PIN, FORM 8453 EMP, and REPORTING AGENT and if the Signature Type is "FORM 8453 EMP," then use the DownloadForm8453EMP method to download form 8453 EMP using the RecordId. After you've downloaded the form, sign it and upload it using the upload method.
Below we discuss the solution to file, acquire signed 941 from your recipients, validate and transmit using the TaxBandits API.
Here’s how Form 941 endpoint may be used:
- Call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- Use the Create method to create Form 941 in TaxBandits.
- If the reporting agent files your 941and the Signature Type is "FORM 8453 EMP," then use the DownloadForm8453EMP method to download form 8453 EMP using the RecordId.
- After you've downloaded the form, sign it and upload it using the UploadForm8453EMP method.
- Get method will retrieve the Form 941 return information based on the given query.
- GetPDF will return PDFs URL of Form 941. After a successful API call, a Webhook will be sent with a link to download the PDFs.
- The Update method is used to make changes to a previously created Form 941 return in TaxBandits.
- The Delete method in TaxBandits uses RecordId to delete the 941 form.
- Using the List method, shows all Form 941 returns created and transmitted on the account for a specific Record.
- The Validate method will run business and data validation tests, whereas the ValidateForm method will verify the forms in the request against IRS Business rules and field specifications.
- The Form 941 return will be transmitted to the IRS using the Transmit method.
- The Status method returns the current status of Form 941 returns for a given RecordId.