The 1099-NEC Correction form is filed by businesses to correct the previously reported information on their 1099-NEC return.
You can correct the Recipient Details such as Recipient Name, TIN, and Amount using the 1099-NEC correction form. However, to correct the Payer Details such as Payer Name or TIN, one needs to send a letter to the IRS containing all the previously reported Payer information and the updated information.
We support 1099-NEC correction for the form filed initially with us and also for the forms filed elsewhere (Paper or Other Third-Party Service Provider).
Here’s how Form 1099-NEC Correction endpoint may be used:
- Call the Auth method to get the access token. This access token must be supplied in the request header as the ‘Bearer‘ token. Refer OAuth 2.0 Authentication for more information on JWT authentication and how to integrate with the subsequent requests.
- Use ValidateForm method to validate the field level specifications of form 1099-NEC Correction before creating the form.
- Use Create method to create Form 1099-NEC Correction returns
- Use Update method to make changes to an existing Form 1099-NEC Correction returns.
- Use Delete method to delete 1099-NEC Correction returns created in TaxBandits.
- Use Validate method to audit Form 1099-NEC Correction return data against IRS business rules and field specifications before transmission to the IRS.
- Use RequestDraftPdfUrl to return the Draft PDF for review purposes. These forms are not transmitted and will have a watermark "For Review only" on it
- Use Transmit method to transmit the 1099-NEC Correction return to the IRS.
- Use RequestPdfURL method to retrieve PDFs for single or multiple recipients.
- Use Status method to check the status of the 1099-NEC Correction return after transmission to the IRS.
- Use List method to list all Form 1099-NEC Correction returns created and transmitted on the account for a particular Submission or Payer.
- Use Get method to retrieve the 1099-NEC Correction return information based on the Submission ID provided in the request.
- Use GetPDF method to return the link to the Form 1099-NEC Correction return in PDF format. Webhook has to be set up for this process.